Part Time Jobs for Class 1 Drivers

Tacho you are probably right. I like to assume the best in everything/everyone. Especially at this time of year.

If you are right - it will be a short hobby. I’ve done adhoc work like he describes. And looking back I enjoyed it and miss the buzz of everything being new. But I wanted to quit many many times and if there was no financial motivation I’d have probably jacked it in after my first shift.

OP I’d aslo suggest you take on board what tacho is saying. You are going to be very unpopular if you start telling other drivers it’s just a hobby. Some of them really don’t like doing it - yet have no choice because they need to support their family.

If you really want a hobby - why not volunteer to drive horseboxes? Less stress. Probably nicer vehicles. Hobby or not - the transport companies are a business and they will push you until you break. Especially as a new pass. Saying you are coming back after 8 hours because you are tired is going to end with you meeting the owner at the gates for a dustup at many firms. Just my opinion as usual.