PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

nilocekyd:
Evening all,
was going through the posts and wanted to add detail to these.

the above truck is definitely a Clapcott tanker, based at the Nutsey Lane, Totton yard and probably just delivered bitumen from Esso Fawley into the Tarmac asphalt plant at Parkstone.
not sure of reg but we had a few of these, for comparison here is an out of service one VHO870N

old skool days when we had very tank walks and top of tank valve handles!

Next is another Clapcott VBO150K previously posted by Dean, I did drive this once or twice, my last memories of this were it running “white oils” out of the Shell Depot down in Poole.

regards Colin

Thanks for the pic and comments Colin. :smiley: :wink:

nilocekyd:
Think it says Golden West on the DAF.
Dean
Golden West had a depot in Basingstoke I believe, the truck is on a McDonalds delivery.

this one’s an owner driver I think!! :smiley: :smiley:

regards
Colin

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ArcDaz:
One for “DAZ” Scammell Routeman.
Cheers Dean for thinking of me that is a fantastic picture thanks for posting and sharing all these good gems again hope you paul mark have a great xmas From Daz & Wendy :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks Daz,all the best to you and Wendy ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Morning Dean,whenever we had stacked trailers always 2 or 3 straps all we used on them ,merry Christmas to you and Paul :smiley:

Cheers John,have a good Xmas and thanks for your input over the last year and your great pics ! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

kmills:
It’s quite hard to make it out, but I’m pretty sure that says “Harry Gill, long retired” on the Scania 81 door.
Must have been a one man band from up north somewhere maybe.
Merry Christmas to one & all

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:
1st shot of the seven bridge tolls being demolished,2nd when the old bridge was opened you had to pay both ways ,the tolls won’t be missed I bet :laughing:

God pics again John,heres a bit about the Severn bridge ! :wink: