Vacation time in Canada

It is bad over here if you’re expecting holidays,

personal experience is they don’t like you taking time off work and you’re a slave to the job, those of you who don’t like what I’m saying and over here don’t act like i’m wrong.

I work for one of the largest companies in North America not going to name them…
10 days is standard i didn’t get a day holiday for 17 months after starting
in order to get 4 weeks paid holiday with said company be prepared to graft for 25 years continuous service with them…

why didn’t I leave ? well hourly pay good benefits unionized and set days on and off… hourly paid jobs in Canada are rare and high paying ones in trucking are even harder to come by.

When you do get that elusive time off don’t expect any last minute.com deals anywhere lol, options are Mexico and if you don’t want a horrid time after your hard work and efforts at work you’ll be paying about $2k pp per week its expensive.

I came to Canada for a “Better life” In many ways I got that, bought a new house had nice cars experienced the open road etc. After too long you realize you get stung out of valuable time off work what we all take for granted in UK I know I did.
If I could do it all again I would have gone home after two years and called it a great experience.

Im not being negative just truthful of my own experience, we found these facts out for our self living and working here.

A lot of people stay sure but deep down they all have that gut feeling they’re missing out on our great country we left.