ECMT Permits

There might not be a transition period if there is No Deal. This is why the government and the DOT are making contingency plans.
I applied for the Removal Permits yesterday and was about to pay £54.00 for the privilege (whilst bemoaning the Brexiteers for wasting my money) but was advised that there was no deadline for applying for Removal Permits (unlike the ECMT permits) and that they could be applied for at any time as and when required. I feel sorry for UK hauliers who have to apply for these permits (unless they voted for Brexit!) as they could be wasting their money if there is a Deal or are not guaranteed getting any if we end up with No Deal.
There appear to be a lot of Brexiteers on these forums but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone who is involved in European transport would vote for Brexit when it will have such a negative impact on their businesses. Apart for the obvious delays and driver shortages, will we still be able to claim back VAT (European equivalent) on fuel and toll charges when abroad? I doubt it. What about roaming charges using the phone? Still, it’ll all be ok as we will have back control!!