PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
H.Twycross Scania.

Prestons Mercedes.

Anyone recognise the ERF ? Looks like Richard ■■? on the sheet.

ATH ERF bulker.

Alcan Scania 111.

G.R.Stein Seddon Atkinson.

Edge Transport DAF.

Belfield Bros Volvo F88. Looks like its had a hard life.

P.G.Herdsman Volvo F10. Dont think we have had one of these on here,anyone know where they were from ?

Bathgate Silica Sand Foden.

Herdsman was from Oswestry area, used to carry out of Shotton on occasions but in the main timber, the 2800 DAF. Was the wife’s uncles who drove for Edge in Chester also…also had a TM and KM Bedford with a detroit v8…yeeh ha!!!

DEANB:
ETS MAN. Were ETS a MAN dealer / garage ■■

Joseph Rice ERF and a ERF from a fun fair.

Moreton Cullimore ERF

Two Tarmac Volvos.

Anyone recognise the Scania 142 tanker ■■

Anyone recognise the DAF 1900 tipper ■■

A.R.R. Craib DAF

Hicks DAF from South Wales.

Broadleaze Transport Magnum.

Servosteel Renault.

B T Hicks have a depot now in Rotherwas ,Hereford regards Keith

HRS:

240 Gardner:
That looks vaguely familiar - was that on Canute Road, heading down past Ocean Village towards the Itchen bridge?

Yes i was, did you used to wear pink shorts ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Harvey

Couldn’t find any in my size :wink:

I worked in Ocean Village for 8 years, 2001 to 2009

steelboyf10:

DEANB:
H.Twycross Scania.

Prestons Mercedes.

ATH ERF bulker.

Alcan Scania 111.

Edge Transport DAF.

P.G.Herdsman Volvo F10. Dont think we have had one of these on here,anyone know where they were from ?

Herdsman was from Oswestry area, used to carry out of Shotton on occasions but in the main timber, the 2800 DAF. Was the wife’s uncles who drove for Edge in Chester also…also had a TM and KM Bedford with a detroit v8…yeeh ha!!!

The Herdsman who was the timber haulier/merchant and did for a few years out if Shotton and for a longer time Brymbo works was W T Herdsman, the F10 in the pic is P G Herdsman, I’ve no idea if there is any relationship between the two.

Hurdsman Motors for Steelboy and acd1202, the Oswestry based one! Cheer’s Pete

acd1202:

steelboyf10:

DEANB:
H.Twycross Scania.

Prestons Mercedes.

ATH ERF bulker.

Alcan Scania 111.

Edge Transport DAF.

The Herdsman who was the timber haulier/merchant and did for a few years out if Shotton and for a longer time Brymbo works was W T Herdsman, the F10 in the pic is P G Herdsman, I’ve no idea if there is any relationship between the two.

Yes it was W Willie T Herdsman from Oswestry ,as well as Shotton ,thier timber work was out of ETC Ellesmere Timber Company as well ,thank you Trevor

HRS:
Good morning Dean,
I dont know who the truck belongs to but, it is out side of the Frog & Frigate pub down the docks in Southampton.
3 storeys of what would have been bedrooms and living rooms many years ago it attracted some very interesting customers in its day, you needed to be very friendly when passing people on the narrow stairways, think thats what did for it in the end under H&S rules, whole pub was no more that 18 feet wide… all this i was told about of course.
Windebank Haulage was owned by a chap called Arther Porter, ran out of Dundas Lane Portsmouth, finger in many pies as well as owning a Jeep Franchise.
Collected old trucks and kept them in a barn in the middle of a large field. A high chainlink fence arround the barn with 3 very unfriendly Rottweilers on 24-7 duty.
Note on the gate saying the padlock key is around one of the dogs necks, good luck. dont make um like that any more eh !! Harvey

Hi Dean and Harvey,

From memory I think the Renault was a subbie for Matsolex who’s office was a couple of yards from The Frog and Frigate,I also remember Arthur Porter a larger than life character he started with a lovely round cab ERF 6 wheeler back in the early 60’s,doing the Channel Islands produce to all the markets,they don’t make chaps like Arthur anymore more’s the pity.

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

HRS:
Good morning Dean,
I dont know who the truck belongs to but, it is out side of the Frog & Frigate pub down the docks in Southampton.
3 storeys of what would have been bedrooms and living rooms many years ago it attracted some very interesting customers in its day, you needed to be very friendly when passing people on the narrow stairways, think thats what did for it in the end under H&S rules, whole pub was no more that 18 feet wide… all this i was told about of course.
Windebank Haulage was owned by a chap called Arther Porter, ran out of Dundas Lane Portsmouth, finger in many pies as well as owning a Jeep Franchise.
Collected old trucks and kept them in a barn in the middle of a large field. A high chainlink fence arround the barn with 3 very unfriendly Rottweilers on 24-7 duty.
Note on the gate saying the padlock key is around one of the dogs necks, good luck. dont make um like that any more eh !! Harvey

Hi Dean and Harvey,

From memory I think the Renault was a subbie for Matsolex who’s office was a couple of yards from The Frog and Frigate,I also remember Arthur Porter a larger than life character he started with a lovely round cab ERF 6 wheeler back in the early 60’s,doing the Channel Islands produce to all the markets,they don’t make chaps like Arthur anymore more’s the pity.

Regards
Richard

Good morning Richard,
I must put something right, The Frog had very interesting customers not to be confused with the Juniper berry customers, my pink shorts quip was in jest.
So: who can recognise this driver on his night out from his wagon ■■? Harvey

DEANB:
H.Twycross Scania.

Prestons Mercedes.

ATH ERF bulker.

Alcan Scania 111.

Edge Transport DAF.

Hello DEAN …really like the Alcan Scania pic …most of thier 111s were day cab …would see them at places like Westlands aviation Yeovil ,and a factory at Banbury that produced foil …Alcan at Rogerstone finished up with G series Renaults …lol …Geraint

Thanks for the comments and photos chaps,been a bit manic this week. :smiley: :wink:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

Fodens.

Bedford’s 1960.

India Tyres. Anyone remember them ?

ERF.

AEC 1967.

Advert.1964.

Smart looking DAF of Torbay Freight.

P1001733p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

P1001707p.JPG

Newton Steel Stock Scania

P1001964p.JPG

Pargat Group Leyland/DAF

P1002006p.JPG

Dutch DAF.

P1002026p.JPG

Civil & Marine DAF

P1001965p.JPG

Smurfit DAF

P1002242p.JPG

Pattemores Transport Iveco. Looks like a milk tanker ?

P1002352p.JPG

Shell ERF tanker.

P1002364p.JPG

Malc Rowland Mercedes.

P1002399p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F10 bulker ■■

A03883p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Bedford TM rigid ■■

A03882p.JPG

W.Brennan tidy DAF. Dont think we have had one of these on here before,anyone know where
they were from ?

A03999p.JPG

C.C.Pritchard Transport ERF from South Wales.Looks new.

A04006p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Foden car transporter ■■ Allegro shed on the bottom. :laughing:

A04010p.JPG

Heatons Removals Leyland draw-bar.

A04015p.JPG

Buzzer knows all about this one. Think its been to the moon and back ! :laughing:

A04154.JPG

Think this was taken in Southampton ? Cant make the name out on the Seddon Atkinson.
Smoking well ! :laughing:

A04155p.JPG

Gardiner Bros Truck Rental Berliet.

A04160p.JPG

Stephens & Chambers ERF loaded with scrap.

A04193p.JPG

Hi I think Brennans tankers were from Leeds they used to have a yard at Tingley behind the Bulls head pub

DEANB:

W.Brennan tidy DAF. Dont think we have had one of these on here before,anyone know where
they were from ?

Cant make the name out on the Foden car transporter ■■ Allegro shed on the bottom. :laughing:

Buzzer knows all about this one. Think its been to the moon and back ! :laughing:

Think this was taken in Southampton ? Cant make the name out on the Seddon Atkinson.

hello DEAN ,the Foden is another Shropshire gem from you ,ex Valley Transport Bishops Castle ,they had 2 of them along with Dodges and TK Bedfords ,but your picture it is with Chester Car Carriers ,thank you Trevor

DEANB:

they were from ?

Hi Dean ,the TM 4 wheeler is ex Passey Knott of Kington ,agriculture merchants ,looks if it now belongs to a farmer.
Trevor ,can remember Valley transport ,they ran buses as well ,and the transport side taken over by a company named Morris and continued to transport cars they had Dafs and F10 Volvos ,when they finished one of thier drivers started Mid Wales Car Deliveries with Scanias ,regards Keith

DEANB:

they were from ?

DEAN ,Oh My Days !! another Stephens and Chambers ! Brill !! Pauls collection of South wales photos must be like a bottomless pit !
That ERF is probably ex Showerings Shepton Mallet and hauling scrap into the Abbey , enjoyed the Welsh Crusader spectacle a few pages back ,this thread moves so fast !!. amazing stuff MT .

atlas man:
Hi I think Brennans tankers were from Leeds they used to have a yard at Tingley behind the Bulls head pub

Correct. Bill Brennan was a Leeds outfit.

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:

they were from ?

Hi Dean ,the TM 4 wheeler is ex Passey Knott of Kington ,agriculture merchants ,looks if it now belongs to a farmer.
Trevor ,can remember Valley transport ,they ran buses as well ,and the transport side taken over by a company named Morris and continued to transport cars they had Dafs and F10 Volvos ,when they finished one of thier drivers started Mid Wales Car Deliveries with Scanias ,regards Keith

Yes Keith ,Valley Transport ran buses ,until recently they were taken over by i think Longmynd travel .
Morris motors took over the transport side is correct ,and Mid wales deliveries were out of Bishops Castle at Lydham on the Craven arms road ,thank you Trevor

atlas man:

Thanks for the input “atlas man” :smiley:

tastrucker:

hello DEAN ,the Foden is another Shropshire gem from you ,ex Valley Transport Bishops Castle ,they had 2 of them along with Dodges and TK Bedfords ,but your picture it is with Chester Car Carriers ,thank you Trevor

Thanks alot Trevor. :wink:

kingswinford kit:

Thanks for the info keith good stuff. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:

DEAN ,Oh My Days !! another Stephens and Chambers ! Brill !! Pauls collection of South wales photos must be like a bottomless pit !
That ERF is probably ex Showerings Shepton Mallet and hauling scrap into the Abbey , enjoyed the Welsh Crusader spectacle a few pages back ,this thread moves so fast !!. amazing stuff MT .

Thanks for the info “MT” yes Paul certainly did get some great Welsh pics. :smiley:

grumpy old man:
“atlas man” Hi I think Brennans tankers were from Leeds they used to have a yard at Tingley behind the Bulls head pub.

Correct. Bill Brennan was a Leeds outfit.

Thanks for confirming “GOM” :wink:

tastrucker:
Trevor ,can remember Valley transport ,they ran buses as well ,and the transport side taken over by a company named Morris and continued to transport cars they had Dafs and F10 Volvos ,when they finished one of thier drivers started Mid Wales Car Deliveries with Scanias ,regards Keith.

Yes Keith ,Valley Transport ran buses ,until recently they were taken over by i think Longmynd travel .
Morris motors took over the transport side is correct ,and Mid wales deliveries were out of Bishops Castle at Lydham on the Craven arms road ,thank you Trevor

More good stuff Trevor,thanks for posting. :smiley: