PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

JAKEY:
Thank you for the photo of the blue BRS scania and White trailer ,any one know what depot it was from ? :laughing:

:wink:

gazsa401:
The blue Scania 3 Series belonged to Clearway Distribution Nottingham
They ceased trading some years ago. Cheers Gary

Thanks for the name Gary. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
The ERF with the Marks and Spencer fridge trailer is one of Gist.Chris “240” Gardner knows about them. :smiley:

Cheers Chris. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:
Yes indeed Dean, these 5MW-cabbed ERFs were an interesting alternative to the LV-cabbed ERFs: at least they were sleeper cabs! Robert.

:wink:

Me.Paul.101:
“DEANB”]
Cant make the name out on the ERF ■■

Hi guy’s, The LV ERF straw transporter looks like possibly J Richards of Newent, I could of course be completely wrong. Looks like a tidy outfit whoever it is. I will show a mate of mine tomorrow as he was from over that way…Cheers, keep up the fantastic photo’s and chat. Always look forwards to looking in as you can never predict what’s coming next…

Thanks for the input Paul ! :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:
[“Me.Paul.101”]
I never thought of John Richards, Paul. He and I drank in the same watering hole many years ago. At that time he was asking my advice on whether or not to invest in some ex-BRS LAD Chieftain units with half a dozen Scammell-coupled trailers for his fledgling hay & straw business. I tried to put him off the idea due to the fact that he was planning on dropping the trailers in various Cotswold farmers’ fields and I pointed out that a) they weren’t suitable for dropping on a field where, if it rained heavily he may have to dig them out and b)I could imagine that stability would be a problem when he had loaded bales eight or nine high on such a vehicle. I never did find out if he took my advice as I politely refused his kind offer of becoming his transport manager (“Driver”, to me & you!) preferring instead the better-paid and easier work offered by BRS at Merrin End.
Silly note: On his nightly visits to the said premises, John would open the sliding driver’s door of his Morris LD van, whereupon his collie would leap out and they would race the final half mile to the bar. I don’t think John ever came first!

Thanks for your memories “ROF” :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:
“DEANB”]Watch out the Swede’s are coming ! :laughing: :laughing:
Two iconic trucks from the 1970’s, Volvo’s mighty F12 and Scania’s mighty 141 !
Will do a bit about these 2 in the near future.

The chrome 88 grille on the pre-production F12 looks cool.

The LS141 driver is lucky- there is daylight under the inside rear tyre of his trailer.

Must admit i never noticed the wheel off the ground Anorak ! :unamused:

Jelliot:
That Redlands Octopus with the concrete pipes… 2 ropes through the back pipes… I don’t think you could get away with that now…
Jeff…

I reckon your right Jeff. :wink:

HRS:
Good morning Dean,
I dont know who the truck belongs to but, it is out side of the Frog & Frigate pub down the docks in Southampton.
3 storeys of what would have been bedrooms and living rooms many years ago it attracted some very interesting customers in its day, you needed to be very friendly when passing people on the narrow stairways, think thats what did for it in the end under H&S rules, whole pub was no more that 18 feet wide… all this i was told about of course.
Windebank Haulage was owned by a chap called Arther Porter, ran out of Dundas Lane Portsmouth, finger in many pies as well as owning a Jeep Franchise.
Collected old trucks and kept them in a barn in the middle of a large field. A high chainlink fence arround the barn with 3 very unfriendly Rottweilers on 24-7 duty.
Note on the gate saying the padlock key is around one of the dogs necks, good luck. dont make um like that any more eh !! Harvey

Thanks for the information Harvey,the pub sounds like it was an intresting place ! :unamused: Iliked the bit about the
Rottweilers ! :laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:
“Retired Old ■■■■”]“Chris Webb”]Hi Dean.

The ERF with the Marks and Spencer fridge trailer is one of Gist.Chris “240” Gardner knows about them. :smiley:

Am I having delusional memories again, or did Gist used to be BOC and before that Baker’s?
[/quote]
Indeed I do, Mr Webb - I once wrote about a week of it, on another place we used to frequent!
And yes ROF, Gist was a re-brand of BOC Transhield, and G L Baker was also under the BOC umbrella. When I endured a few months with them in 2010, the smaller facility at Mayfield, Hemel Hempstead was actually was still branded as G L Baker.
The wider BOC DIstribution Services did have a go at ambient distribution in the 90s, when they took over Beecham Foods’ in-house distribution network, together with some of the interests of the Onward group and a little other traffic, but they made a complete pig’s breakfast of it and lost the Beecham business to Wincanton at the end of the first contract term, so that was the end of that.
Oh, and of course, they bought Spalding Haulage. That went well…
[/quote]

Thanks for the comments Chris. :smiley:

pv83:
“DEANB”]We have had alot of Crusaders on here.
Good to see this thread is going back to it’s former standard :wink:

Well i know how much you like those sheds chap so i thought i better pop a few on for you ! :laughing: :laughing:

Got another good brochure on them i will pop on sometime. :wink:

coomsey:
[“DEANB”]Any Leyland Octopus fans on here ! We have had a fair few on here.

Mine went like you know what off a shovel Dean nice n warm n ate Gardner’s n ■■■■■■■ for breakfast. But the reliability ■■?

Looks like you were the only Octopus fan “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: