PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

I have no experience of anything made overseas but one haulier (who ran neither make) once told me that Volvo were a poor mans Scania! “Volvo use rivetted chassis, Scania are bolted and that’s a sign of quality!” he used to say, Volvo were perhaps cheaper to buy as well? To be fair many UK built trucks had trim (and especially seats!!! :unamused: ) that were not exactly built to last but I don’t think that would be the most importand criterior when purchasing a new truck! :confused:

Pete.
[/quote]
Hi Pete,
Allways liked the good banter about Scania and Volvo, another one was you have to have had a Scania first to appreciate a Volvo, and so on, good stuff.
Sorry but both use “cold press” rivets. they do heat up when squeezed but as they dont get so hot as fired rivets they dont leave so much gap when the cool down.
Leyland liked the bolts, nothing wrong with that but the slight risk of them coming loose, not so with rivets.
With the shortage of drivers to day a lot of companies will look at driver “likes” when looking at new motors, how much an hour would you want to drive an A series ERF to day, FULL TIME !!! Harvey