Looks Like They're Having a Purge on Load Security

beefy4605:
So -
Which load was insecure ?
Which load had moved ?.

All of them are technically insecure, although the tyre one is prob closer to ok. It should have been strapped to eyes inside the trailer not the outside ideally. I wouldn’t expect any action there however.

Rigid had no attempt to strap the load so purely relying on curtains. That should be tea and biscuits with TC or take your test again…assuming they ever took one.

QTR transport should have their driver, forklift drivers and bosses hauled before a court. That is both ridiculous dangerous loading and no straps even internals on that lot - again go get a licence thats not on a Kelloggs box. Scarily this is not unusual.

– Which has moved - non so far until it goes sideways or driver brakes hard. Loadong regs from memory state it should prevent 80% of movement sideways and back/forward. Only number 2 has attempted to do that. Idea is to stop it moving before it does.

– I do agree that the regs are a bit vauge and stupid in places, but its people like 1 and 3 who make everyones life harder as the authorities assume we’re all cowboys.

They cause me stress every night as i might put an internal on a 450kg pallet. Technically not legit but its not going to kill anyone, but due to these idiots (1 & 3) the authorities are now more likely to hammer me as a “lesson to others”.

Do wonder why the police were doing this, not VOSA as its their job and surely VOSA are paid less.