Looks Like They're Having a Purge on Load Security

From Twitter

Hants Roads Policing

@HantsPolRoads
Load securing operation today on M4/A34. Joint working HSE, TVP, Hants, Met Pol and City of London Police. The only compliant trucks we saw all day were the empty ones. Drivers please secure your loads properly. #JOUCVU

Is the fact that Christmas (parties) is just around the corner, purely coincidental?

Amazing they call spare so many coppers to this… of course its a money maker thats no doubt why.

Pity they cant show the same diligence to house breaking etc

I hope they’re all traffic cops, none of them are going to catch any “scrotes” who “give it legs” :open_mouth:

I’d like to see some of the zb pigs securing any sort of load .

Drempels:
I hope they’re all traffic cops, none of them are going to catch any “scrotes” who “give it legs” :open_mouth:

I think that why they run them over now.

news.met.police.uk/videos/montag … tics-40834

@HantsPolRoads
Load securing operation today on M4/A34. Joint working HSE, TVP, Hants, Met Pol and City of London Police. The only compliant trucks we saw all day were the empty ones. Drivers please secure your loads properly. #JOUCVU

Fat coppers please secure your lardy arses back in your cars and find something else to do as I’m guessing no puppies had been killed that day before you stepped in so either you don’t know anything about load security or they were in fact perfectly secure.

Those jerry cans on that rigid look like they’re empties full of fresh air to me.

Spoke too soon with their expertise, they’ve been on a ‘course’ look and learnt it all from Nina from the HSE with her presumably decades of hands-on experience in loading things in lorries :unamused:

Thank you to Nina from HSE and to Highways England for supporting Hants,TVP,Met and City of London CV teams with excellent load securing training. Regional collaboration and partnership working in action. #JOUCVU

Own Account Driver:
Spoke too soon with their expertise, they’ve been on a ‘course’ look and learnt it all from Nina from the HSE with her presumably decades of hands-on experience in loading things in lorries :unamused:

Thank you to Nina from HSE and to Highways England for supporting Hants,TVP,Met and City of London CV teams with excellent load securing training. Regional collaboration and partnership working in action. #JOUCVU

Just imagine the ■■■■■■■■ bingo fun in there :unamused:

So whats the problem with the 7.5 tonner and the tyres .
Is it because the straps are secured to the side raves ?

the nodding donkey:
Is the fact that Christmas (parties) is just around the corner, purely coincidental?

Just my thinking

Suedehead:

I’ve not tossed off half a day, er sorry, I mean been on a course with Nina from the HSE so I’m not qualified to comment.

Suedehead:

The straps look to be on the rope hooks ? Also if it were me I’d have crossed 2 straps on each tyre stack diagonal.

So -
Which load was insecure ?
Which load had moved ?
Which load was a danger to the public ?
How far had any of these loads travelled before they were inspected .
Short answer - None of them . Problem is while they get away with this nonsense it will keep happening and owners/ operators will pay up rather than challenge it .

Suedehead:

Maybe because they could move forwards/backwards?

Of course none were compliant. Nobody knows what these people want in terms of securing. I`ve had my class 1 for 43 years and I have absolutely no idea what they want.
Total security in the event of a rollover?

We need to take a leaf out of the frenchies book and fight back against these ridiculous blatantly revenue raising draconian exercises. Somebody please set something up like the fuel protests and I’ll ‘sign up’

beefy4605:
So -
Which load was insecure ?
Which load had moved ?.

All of them are technically insecure, although the tyre one is prob closer to ok. It should have been strapped to eyes inside the trailer not the outside ideally. I wouldn’t expect any action there however.

Rigid had no attempt to strap the load so purely relying on curtains. That should be tea and biscuits with TC or take your test again…assuming they ever took one.

QTR transport should have their driver, forklift drivers and bosses hauled before a court. That is both ridiculous dangerous loading and no straps even internals on that lot - again go get a licence thats not on a Kelloggs box. Scarily this is not unusual.

– Which has moved - non so far until it goes sideways or driver brakes hard. Loadong regs from memory state it should prevent 80% of movement sideways and back/forward. Only number 2 has attempted to do that. Idea is to stop it moving before it does.

– I do agree that the regs are a bit vauge and stupid in places, but its people like 1 and 3 who make everyones life harder as the authorities assume we’re all cowboys.

They cause me stress every night as i might put an internal on a 450kg pallet. Technically not legit but its not going to kill anyone, but due to these idiots (1 & 3) the authorities are now more likely to hammer me as a “lesson to others”.

Do wonder why the police were doing this, not VOSA as its their job and surely VOSA are paid less.

I think the whole obsession with load security is simply because they’ve got nothing else to do people for any more, in 99% of cases.

They became so strict and so ■■■■, that operators became (rightly) paranoid about the smallest thing. A very large German firm I used to work for put up a notice saying that an inoperative marker light was now classed as GV9(S). Don’t know if it’s true, but given the way these people have gone, I’m inclined to believe it.

You used to see some shocking sights, but they are very very rare now, and the ones you do see are by people who would do it anyway.

They have simply done themselves out of a job, and need to keep themselves funded and justified. Gotta ■■■■■ the budget, don’t you know.

I am normally on the side of vosa and the police on the issue, but I challenge Nina to secure the QTR load properly as it is in drop order without damaging anything. Come on Nina since you are the expert show us how it’s done.