Bobtail actros on A1m extracts £100

muckles:

Conor:

mardybum:
Can’t say I’ve worn one in a wagon since I passed my test. If I can see a nasty accident unfolding before my eyes, where I’m going to come off worse than I’d like, I’ll be out of the door. Presumably like the gent on the M1 I went by a couple of months back…

The kind of accident where one would save you would be when you got rear ended by another truck so you’d not see it unfolding before your eyes until your eyes were heading towards the windscreen.

Surely you head towards the windscreen due to the sudden deceleration of the vehicle and you as an unrestrained object continue on your course until you meet some opposing force, in this case the windscreen, so how do you head for the windscreen at great force when the vehicle suddenly accelerates after being hit from behind?

You get forced into your seat, and then due to no belt, bounce forward into the screen/dash/a pillar etc.

This is also why people are told not to sit in broken down vehicles, as after getting hit from behind, you get bounced around the interior of your vehicle.