Agencies and wasted time

I don’t want to start ( yes, I have already …) but seriously, so much wasted time, days booked off for registration, calls, filing forms, for hours, fo so many agencies.

Now for one of them I was supposed to have assessment for royal mail on Wednesday but newer received confirmation that it will happen, although was told two times that they will send, so I obviously didn’t go, assuming that booking simply didn’t happen. Now they calling today and asking if I have attended assessment…Then asked if I can do tomorrow morning, no I can’t, because I have job to do and we had agreed day, but nothing happened because of you. WTF!

Unfortunately incompetence is rife through out the country at the moment.

I’m not being funny… But I’d have been chasing them rather than assuming they’d do the leg work.

I’ve not had these sorts of problems with agencies. But I am a bit more proactive.

sammym:
I’m not being funny… But I’d have been chasing them rather than assuming they’d do the leg work.

I’ve not had these sorts of problems with agencies. But I am a bit more proactive.

It’s always good to be proactive. But to be honest I’m getting p off with all this agencies, as you already understood. In this exact situation I called them couple of days before assessment, asked for confirmation that it will happen and one lady, who sounded like she wants to get reed of me as soon as possible, told me that they are going to send it, clearly showing that I’m wasting her time by asking such silly things. So obviously I decided that everything is under their control and if they send it I will go and do the assessment if no then it means that they have different plans. Not like I’m desperate to get this job, as anyway I can do only every second weekend and I’m doing already this weekend with another agency, only agency which managed to get work for me almost from the first days after passing my class 2 test year ago. I have passed class 1 now, so maybe one day they will manage to get me start in this field as well, we’ll see.

milesahead:

sammym:

It’s always good to be proactive. But to be honest I’m getting p off with all this agencies, as you already understood. In this exact situation I called them couple of days before assessment, asked for confirmation that it will happen and one lady, who sounded like she wants to get reed of me as soon as possible, told me that they are going to send it, clearly showing that I’m wasting her time by asking such silly things. So obviously I decided that everything is under their control and if they send it I will go and do the assessment if no then it means that they have different plans. Not like I’m desperate to get this job, as anyway I can do only every second weekend and I’m doing already this weekend with another agency, only agency which managed to get work for me almost from the first days after passing my class 2 test year ago. I have passed class 1 now, so maybe one day they will manage to get me start in this field as well, we’ll see.

The agency won’t do anything for you unless it suits their agenda (i.e. they desperately need you to fill a particular slot). If you get the impression they are trying to get rid of you on the phone when you call to ask, then you are almost (but not quite) in the right place. You need to keep asking a bit more so that you remain in control and keep the pressure on. The woman in the office has possibly dozens of drivers all waiting for responses about assessments etc. Which ones will she progress? The ones who are giving her grief (not whingeing, just giving her grief).

Roymondo:

milesahead:

sammym:

The agency won’t do anything for you unless it suits their agenda (i.e. they desperately need you to fill a particular slot). If you get the impression they are trying to get rid of you on the phone when you call to ask, then you are almost (but not quite) in the right place. You need to keep asking a bit more so that you remain in control and keep the pressure on. The woman in the office has possibly dozens of drivers all waiting for responses about assessments etc. Which ones will she progress? The ones who are giving her grief (not whingeing, just giving her grief).

Can’t argue, it all makes sense, just probably didn’t have enough motivation to push it through.

sammym:

Same. My current agency are sending me emails for jobs/assignments every day even though I’ve been on the same assignment for 6 straight weeks and I’m on it until further notice. Also get emailed once a week asking me which days I’m available for work…WHen working with agencies always assume you’re dealing with (poorly programmed) bots/AIs.

OK, thanks.

ETS:

sammym:

Same. My current agency are sending me emails for jobs/assignments every day even though I’ve been on the same assignment for 6 straight weeks and I’m on it until further notice. Also get emailed once a week asking me which days I’m available for work…WHen working with agencies always assume you’re dealing with (poorly programmed) bots/AIs.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

But also remember it is in there interest to give you work as if you don’t work they don’t get paid ( extra bonus )

If & when I work agency I tend to be careful & pick which I want to work for then they have alway found me work

Oh one more thing…sometimes (quite often, actually) a company will advertise a job with several agencies so if your agency tells you the job is gone it doesn’t necessarily mean they gave it to some other driver, could be that a different agency got it filled by one of their drivers. Driver shortage my $$$

animal:
But also remember it is in there interest to give you work as if you don’t work they don’t get paid ( extra bonus )

If & when I work agency I tend to be careful & pick which I want to work for then they have alway found me work

Of course, every person is their little stream of income, more people work for them, more income. I guess if I don’t get jobs from them it means someone else gets and they are not so desperate.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

milesahead:

animal:

Of course, every person is their little stream of income, more people work for them, more income. I guess if I don’t get jobs from them it means someone else gets and they are not so desperate.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

Or another agency get it as employers have there preferred agency then next & so on