PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
I’d say that DAF artic with “DF” on the cab stands for Dairy Farmers?..……… :neutral_face:

Thanks for the possible name Chris. :wink:

tastrucker:
Anyone recognise the Welsh Scania live stock draw-bar ■■?

Hello DEAN ,the Welsh Scania is ex Williams Bros ,Altami Mold ,looks like a stretched artic as they didnt have drawbars to my knowledge ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :smiley:

robthedog:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

I think the merc rigid could be ex Cert Distribution

Cheers “robthedog” :smiley:

jeffreyk:
Commer. Pretty sure i posted something about this company ages ago and i think it was a furniture manufacturer from South Wales ■■

Looks like its ben sold on in this pic with the name painted over.i think it was a furniture firm called Avalon

Yes indeed “jefferyk” that was the company ! :wink:

A01988.JPG

I popped a bit on about them on page 157.

logger:
“Chris Webb”]Morning Dean.
I’d say that DAF artic with “DF” on the cab stands for Dairy Farmers?..………

I’m sure the DF stands for Dalehead Foods !

Thanks for the name “logger” :wink:

logger:
Dickson Transport were from by South Cerney , nr Swindon
They had another DAF which pulled a crane trailer which I remember was decorated up the same as the one in the picture

Heres another one of theres “logger” :wink:

nilocekyd:
“logger”
I’m sure the DF stands for Dalehead Foods !

I would agree Logger!

regards Colin

Thanks for confirming the name Colin. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hi Dean, Your apologies are not necessary, you do a brilliant job here on Trucknet,
and manage to go to work as well…You are a “Top Bloke”, Many thanks, Ray.
Well i will definitely second that !..arousing so much interest down here in S Wales alone !!! …both you and Paul have to be applauded for your efforts …and Dean …thanks for the Tim Price Maggie ! …magic …lol …Geraint

Thanks for your comments Geraint and Ray. Paul and Mark certainly managed to get some
good Welsh motors !

You will be pleased to know that Paul was in the Cardiff area recently ! :laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Commer. Pretty sure i posted something about this company ages ago and i think it was a furniture manufacturer from South Wales ■■ Looks like its ben sold on in this pic with the name painted over.

Avalon from Yatton?

See above Chris. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, What a great thread this is. In just 18 months there have been over half a million views,and approaching 9000 replies. Thank you for your wonderful input. Thanks also to Paul & Mark.
Regards, Ray.

Thanks Ray appreciate your comments. We are lucky that Paul and Mark took all these pics. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
Hi ,the success of this thread lies in the quality of the photography and the fact that it is all Pauls work ,and not taken from books or other sites ,cheers Dean and Paul ,regards Keith

Thanks for your comments Keith ! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Totally agree with the two views above. Getting on toward 300 pages, too!

Thanks “ROF” :wink: