PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

kevmorrow:
Hi DEAN
Your photo! Transcon was on its way to a KRAFT depot at Seacroft Leeds or KRAFT factory Kirkby Liverpool with fats marge and cooking oils. Driver Tommy Oliver.
We had two Transcons and the other one in the yard pulling taker driver Phil Keep.
My first tanker was Seddon Atki ONC 100P “notice the designer rust”.
Myself with F10 approx. 1983.
Cheers KEV

That Transcon looked tidy in those colours Kev,thanks for the pics. :smiley: :wink:

Jelliot:
Well the greenies sure put the boot in to log trucking in Oregon… Just a shadow of it’s former self…Most nights in the state of Oregon there are only 8 police officers on duty for the whole state… That’s all the budget can afford…
Early 2000’ands when it all went "pear shaped " a bunch of loggers put all their machinery. ( Dozers, Forwarders, Snorkels, etc ) on low loaders and hauled them south for a big auction … even while on their last journey the tree huggers attacked the convoy… At auction the stuff went so cheap that it didn’t even cover the transportation cost for the trip… Over the next few months most of the rest of the gear was drained of all fluid, put on a barge and the whole lot was taken out to sea and sunk…

In Tasmania there was a blight of tree huggers around the same … Usually young, impressionable, misinformed, easily manipulated folk from interstate… Did I mention they were all very smelly and unwashed…recruited by nefarious means… They set up various camps in logging coupes and instantly got news coverage… They caused a lot of disruption… spread miss information…and did a lot of damage…
Usually misinformed, most of the time they set up camp in new growth plantation forests… a long way from the hard to get to old growth trees…They even attacked one of the local Bush Fire stations which was staffed by volunteers, set up to protect the surrounding bush, but also the remote houses and properties of local people that chose to live in the community…

They love the trees and the forests… so much so that in the summer time when the forests are at there greatest threat ( Forest fires ) which can be hundreds of square miles at a time, they all bugger of back to the the main land and let the "Evil forest workers " try to save what’s left with the machinery which has to be repaired after it’s all been trashed by the tree huggers…
In the end all they achieved was to remove the right to protest about anything by any one in Tasmania…
Bed time now…
Jeff…

Thanks for your comments Jeff. :wink: Sounds like the tree huggers caused chaos. :imp:

smallcoal:
morning dean.the volvo brick truck.is stevens sand from blaenavon

:unamused: :unamused:

Thanks for the name John. :wink: Are they still going ?

tastrucker:
Walsh’s tidy Foden.

Hello DEAN ,Walsh from Haslington Crewe and still in going ,Trevor

Nice to hear that they are still going Trevor as alot of these companies on here are long gone. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
B.E.Williams Scania

Hi Dean ,BE Williams from South Wales based atSennybridge. Most of thier work is agriculture ,but years back they did a lot of steel having 2 White Road commanders ,awesome Dean , MT

Cheers “MT” for the information. I dont think we have any pics of the White’s which is a shame. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
Hi Dean ,BE Williams from South Wales based atSennybridge. Most of thier work is agriculture ,but years back they did a lot of steel having 2 White Road commanders ,awesome Dean , MT
Hi M T ,i can remember a driver by the name of Ted Stokes he drove one of those Whites doing a lot of Scottish work out of Trostre ,he lived i think just below Hay in Wye ,regards Keith

Cheers Keith ! :wink:

kevmorrow:
Tanker on Paul Gee’s collection is LPG (Liquid powders and Gases) Batley. Similar Orange paint work to S&Rs
LPG Traffic Manager Keith Smith was keen to take on any serving or EX Smith and Robinsons drivers as they did similar work, (Hazchem to now ADR). Some other drivers found work at Jacksons of Ossett and HOYER Huddersfield Crow P&O to name a few.
1970s 80s I recal LPG moved Hydrogen similar trailers as Air Products and Hydrogen supplies.
KEV

Thanks for confirming KEV, and for the pic ! I think thats the last of the dodgy pics,unless Paul find some more ! :laughing: :laughing:

sm240:
Hi dean how are you all right? listen: could you bring me some photos of trucks from the ‘70s and’ 80s of French and Italian origin please? Thank you so much !!

Will pop some on tomorow or over the weekend chap ! :laughing: