NHS, don't ever complain

In the US system there is clearly “no link” between one’s need for treatment and the chance of receiving it.
And to increase funds for the UK NHS, why overlook the obvious? Stick a little bit on income tax.

And even stick quite a big bit more on income tax and solve
Hospitals Roads Schools at a stroke.
Over-simplistic?
Maybe, but which societies in the world are the most content? There are some interesting studies out there. (along with nonsense from the wackos who equate tax with theft)
I’ll let you look for yourself, and see how contentment rates against tax levels.
And contentment is also a good indicator for health and life expectancy.

Edit to add.
The US has high standards of care, no arguments, but only for those rich enough to pay cash or insurance dividends.

Given the difference in a system in which the guvnor can’t say why it’s ‘free’ in the case of wage demands required to pay for reasonable standards of health care provision how do you reach the conclusion that increasing taxation of any type to pay for the costs will work.When even under the punishing rates of income tax imposed by the Wilson administration still predictably didn’t provide Brits with the type of health care enjoyed by the average US worker.Especially in the well organised unionised environment of the 1960’s US economic powerhouse.While your blinkered view,that high taxes will fix everything, ignores basic economics in that it’s economic growth and the resulting growth in income levels which goes with that which provides the spending power needed for a decent health care provision.

As opposed to taxation of whatever type actually being a drain and a dampener on spending and therefore economic growth.Also bearing in mind as I’ve said wage demands and settlements are rarely if ever based on taxation levels,as opposed to prices.In this case the price of health care just like the price of baked beans.IE it’s just another cost of living which needs to be passed back into the economy in the form of income demands.While a tax based payment method just gets in the way of that obviously to the advantage of the employer and the disadvantage of the employee and patient.

IE as I said your failed idealistic state funded idea in practice is just a case of Employees = boss we need more wages to pay for our health care costs.Boss = Why it’s free and doesn’t cost you anything. :bulb: :unamused:

As for theUS.Employees = Boss we need more wages to pay for our health care cover.Boss = why when I can transfer your jobs to China where they are happy to treat their workforce like a slave labour force and if they get sick tough who cares let em die there’s plenty more where they came from.Employees = does that mean you’ll plough your extra profits into topping up our unemployment benefits so we can still afford our health care cover.Boss = dream on.