Any old promotor drivers around

OK Brian, sorry for the delay but in answer to your questions I can offer these tasty morsels of info !!.. The photo depicting the guys sitting round the campfire in front of KKP I am now more than ever convinced that the guy on the left looking away from the camera is Roger Oakley. KKP was a two axle long wheelbase single-car transporter but with a platform that could also be used for carrying a long palletised item which I suspect is what it was doing on this trip, maybe part of an exhibition load that was too much to go on an existing trailer or something like that. I am not sure whether this D series had a sleeper tacked onto the back or not, truth is I cant remember!, but this truck is definately not the same as the one in the next photo. The first photo shows the front of KKP with round headlights whereas the second photo shows the facelift square headlight front. Also you can just make out Rogers name painted on the drivers door just below the window. I have been thinking long and hard as to the trucks/drivers that were there when I started and came up with the following, Chick Steadman/Brian Allgate,both ex Ford men were involved mainly on exhibition work and so shared the driving duties on Scania 110,SUC 19 N which became my regular drive after Brian left and chick came off regular driving. Then there was Johnny Bishop, Bobby Heath,Billy Heath(no relation), Stevie Smith,Mick Mitchell,Dave Clark,Terry Weeks who all drove Scanias. There was a guy called Barry Chandler from Rochester way whose permanent drive was a hideous D series ,long wheelbase non sleeper pantech with a “Luton” over the cab with a false panel in front which you had to lift up in order to tilt the cab! There was a guy called Pierre(surname unknown to me) who drove a small single car Early D series transporter, also there was Geoff Douglas, and Bobby Keen who, like me drove whatever was thrown at us. In the yard also was a non sleeper Scania 80 which I drove down to Greece behind Chick and then returned to the wrath of all the other drivers because I had driven a non sleeper on such a long distance trip. Also in the yard on my arrival were 3 Transit"A" series non sleepers, one small box and two tilts and in fact my very first trip was in one of those tilts to Poznan and back(not the most memorable start to my driving career!Most of the hire work at that time was DAF 2600 split screens or big 2800s and then Peter did a deal with Brighton Van Hire. The DAFs were from Penfolds at St. Mary Cray I think. Anyhow, I think thats enough to keep you busy! I,m sure I,ve missed someone out and no doubt will be reminded of it later. Just before he passed, I had several phone chats with Bobby Heath and he kept on about an Australian driver who he was sure must have been there when I started but I dont remember him which is strange seeing as I had only just returned from a 4 year spell of living in Sydney! :astonished: