NHS, don't ever complain

muckles:
With it being in existence for just over 70 years they aren’t many people left who can remember the UK before the NHS and what it meant to ordinary working people, when my father was a small child he had a minor operation on the kitchen table, which his parent then had to pay the doctor, in his latter years suffering from a terminal illness his treatment was first class and all on the NHS.

Yes it was my taxes, your taxes and his taxes that had paid for it, but at a time of his life when he had enough to worry about, he and my mother and the rest of the family didn’t have to worry about where the money was coming from to treat him or if his insurance would continue to cover the costs.

However even taking into account inflation etc, the NHS costs us far more than it did in the 1950’s, so maybe it’s time for the country to have a serious discussion on what we want the NHS to fund or it will keep being stretched and put under pressure from those politicians and others who’d like to privatise it, probably for their own financial gain.

That’s a fair point, one thing to save money would be stopping free prescriptions, most people of 60 years of age own a house, car and have more disposable income than a young family. Plastic Surgery or Transgender/ ■■■ changes and ■■■■ bleaching should be charged for.
If you haven’t lived and worked in the UK for 5 years you pay for all treatment