Any old promotor drivers around

SEMAINE BRITANNIQUE au MAROC
Casablanca
12-16 Mars 1990

1. The build up.

Once most of the material, both stand fitting and exhibits, had arrived it was time to start building the stands. George our Greek Cypriot standfitter didn’t need any supervision but I made sure I was there if he needed help of any kind. Little Dave and I were to concentrate on building the stands out of scaffolding on the outside area which would have been a nice job if it hadn’t rained. The job had to be done though and we got stuck in. We had a bit of a problem with exhibits as some were to come from local stock and we couldn’t build the stands until they were in position but we managed to work around that one. Another little problem was that the light boxes had to be craned onto the scaffold towers. The only place to site the crane was in the road which caused a few tailbacks.

The attached photos are all to do with the construction of the stands on the outside area. If that job had become a complete disaster we both reckoned we could turn our hands to scaffolding if the company gave us the big ‘heave ho’.
Plse click on the photos to see the full effect.