Brexit, genuine question

GasGas:
My Focus has done 140,000 miles without anything other than scheduled servicing and some new suspension bushes. I don’t think you’d get anywhere near that with a 'tina. A Mk 1 Cortina is an antique…the only reason it’s valuable is because most of its fellows rusted away decades ago.

I can leave my car for two weeks in the middle of winter, with the alarm and electronics draining the battery, and it will start first touch of the key.

To be fair a Mk1 Granada would do all that and get you where you’re going in much more comfort and drive far nicer.

While if a low survival rate antique is all it takes then an Austin 1100 or a Fiat 125 would be worth £40-65,000 while the example of the Taunus which I posted also fits the same definition of low survival rate antique.

While I’d agree that 4 cylinder,pre crossflow,steering box and live rear end old Ford’s,are a mug’s choice and silly prices compared to a Triumph 2.5 or Granada.But that doesn’t make the piece of junk Taunus as good as,let alone better than,a Cortina,in the day or now.

On that note whether it’s Spitfire v 109 or even FW190 or Essex Granada among others v Taunus remainers are going to have to come up with a better argument than the Brits ain’t good/bright enough to look after themselves without the ‘help’ of the Germans.Let alone us having to pay them for the privilege.