Brexit, genuine question

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
I fully understand your stance on Brexit as an expat, not saying it is true in your case but a lot of expats in Europe want the best of both worlds living somewhere nice but with the backstop of UK benefits, such as using the NHS and the UK’s education system, while looking at the UK through the opposite of rose tinted glasses. If you are living in France you are living in a country where at their last election over 30% of the population voted for a fascist party, fact of the matter is that in most European countries mainstream racism is far more prevalent than it is in the UK with far right parties getting high proportions of the vote while there is now no true right wing party in the UK although some parties may have right wing people in them. The UK is by no means free of racism, yet in the main it is streets ahead of most European countries

Anyone who is fully paying into the UK tax and N.I. system should IMO get the benefits of the education and NHS and a vote in the future of the UK.
Anyone who no longer resides in the UK, and pays no due taxes or NHI contributions should no longer get those benefits or get a vote.

Yep, there seems to me, to be a rise in the “Alt Right”* and it is stronger in many Eu countries than in the UK. Clearly not all right wingers are fascist or racist. And Brexiteers are both of left and right leaning groups. And I also agree that the UK is probably less racist than many other countries I`ve been to, although I may not be particularly well placed to be a judge.

• Is that a PC / wishy washy / snowflake term for a fascist?? :smiley:

LOL about your “Alt right” was on the Newhaven boat last Sunday and a English women who had been living in France for 20 years had just been to England to see her children as they lived with the grandparents so they could be educated in England as in her opinion the French secondary were not good enough. In which case did they not think of that when they emigrated and the fact that is unlikely they are paying UK taxes or council tax a portion of which goes towards education means that not only are they taking away places from children who live local to the school but also getting it for free. If you make a new country your home then you have take the good and the bad not be able to go back whenever it suits you for benefits a bit like the student who moves out then goes home to mummy every Sunday for dinner and getting the washing done.