Which Union should I join?

waddy640:
From thirty years personal experience I wouldn’t bother they were a waste of money in my case. Reps. were only interested in themselves and keeping the bosses sweet.

The thing is Waddy that like everything in life everyone’s experiences of unions will differ. The only time a union has left a bitter taste in my mouth was during the fuel strikes when the then leader of the TGWU (Morris?) was urging his members to lift the blockades, he had his eye on his Knighthood and wasn’t gonna let the little man screw that up :imp:

Apart from that occasion all my experiences have been positive. Case in point, right now I am for the first time in my life on the sick after twisting my ankle and damaging a wrist after a fall. I get for a maximum of 6 months the equivalent of my average pay over the last 12 weeks (like holiday pay). I don’t think for one minute that my bosses are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, rather it is something that has been negotiated over time by my union. So for me union membership is a yes.