DOW FREIGHT SERVICES (1970's/80's)

sandway:
Does anyone know why I am now seeing ‘proudly hosted on photobucket’ superimposed on some photos? I am sure the wording has been added recently.

I see what you mean Brian, in fact it looks like a lot of the photos on Trucknet that were loaded through Photobucket have been superimposed. :imp:
Many years ago I.I.R.C. if you wanted to put a photo on a website then you had to upload them onto a image hosting site like Photobucket but there were others. As Photobucket was one of the popular image hosting sites used on here at the time then I decided to upload all my photos onto there. It was a few years later when you were able to upload photos straight from your computer onto the Trucknet website without using an image hosting site.
Paul Moomooland had a couple of great websites going a few years back and I think he was using a site called Phototopic or something like that when they just stopped operating one day and all his hard work that he must of put in to it over the years just disappeared. So I think that many of the photos that have been put on here over the years through another image hosting site that as now stopped operating have now been lost for ever. :cry:
However, I am hoping that there are still a few people around like myself who may have seen an interesting photo in the past and decided to download it onto their computer and hopefully reshow it in years to come. :smiley:
There is probably something in the terms and conditions in the small print which says that by using their site they can use your images if they want to.
I must admit that I haven’t been on the Photobucket site for over a year now and I have no intention of using it again.

Regards Steve.