Some Old Seddon's

gingerfold:

A few years ago there was a Seddon DD8 lying derelict in North Wales which several people had tried to buy, but the owner wouldn’t sell. I wonder if it was this one?

It probably belonged to the late Billy Williams who developed Tir Prince Harness Raceway, outdoor Market and Fun fair in 1990 , Billy was a friend of mine via harness racing and I recall that just prior to the opening of Tir Prince there was devastating flooding on the N. Wales coast and the whole site was flooded but I also recall that Billy got everything reinstated against the odds and on the opening night my Wife Anne’s horse Dalestar won the top race of the inaugural meeting driven to victory “pillar to post” by another Pal, Willie Moore, from Kelty in Fife. Billy was delighted that we had won the Free for All and helped to kick the raceway off against the almost insurmountable problems the floods had caused. I also won the National Pacing Derby at Tir Prince the same year with my own horse Dalechief which was driven to victory by the late Peter Lee.
Billy’s family have continued to develop their business in Towyn but I’m not sure whether they still travel to the Nottingham Goose Fair as Billy did for many years which is where that DD8 Seddon would have featured.
Cheers Bewick.