Well, I can't really say what my secret girlfriend does

Mazzer2:

truckman020:
if I remember correctly[from what I have read from ex SAS blokes who have written books]don’t you have to be selected by the SAS,ie they send people along if a recruit shows promise in his/her regiment,if they like what they see then they are invited to join selection,thats how I have always known it to be or am I wrong,anyway as far as i’m aware women have always been in special forces,in the intelligence sections of the SAS or am I wrong again,i say being wrong cos i’m no expert on these matters.

Not true anyone can volunteer who is in a regular unit, however you only have to look at the figures of how many have dropped out after 3 weeks on selection to see that there are plenty whose capabilities are nowhere near their ambitions. Women have always served in intelligence roles however mostly covert and not in uniform.

Nearly there, mate. :slight_smile:
You can join the civvy T.A regt. 21 or 23 SAS, as a civilian. Although I THINK one of those has been discontinued now.
From there you can apply to join the regular unit 22.
That’s how Chris Ryan ended up in 22.
Just a quick note, I have never served in any type of special forces, ever, and am not trying to imply that I have. :unamused: