Any old promotor drivers around

Hi Guys, I must admit that I have never seen that photo of the three Dow trucks at Carissio before so please keep them coming. :smiley: What I can say is that’s my M.A.N. with the union flags on the door parked in the middle so I must of been there when that photo was taken but I was probably in the bar at the time. :slight_smile:
At first, the white Scania that is parked further along I thought belonged to Tony Febland from Blackpool who had a red livery for many years but I have a feeling that they might of changed their colours to white round about 1987 although now I am thinking if it could of belonged to Ferry Freighting, I am certain that John McVey who drove for Febland’s for may years would know more about it.
The Moorlock and the Comart photo was first shown on The Old Companies From Stoke On Trent thread which was started by Jeff, The Flying Foden and is well worth a read from start to finish. There are some brilliant old photo on there from the 70s/80s including many great companies like Thor, Berrisford’s, Ibis and Morgan Freight etc.
You were correct Efes, most of the Dow motors were named after racehorses and girls who worked or had some connection with the company. The name on that motor that I had in the photo was called Manning Grey but as I have never had any interest in horses I affectionately called it Dobbin.
My first motor was called Sandra who was the receptionist in the Stockport office when I first started and my second motor was called Irene, although I never met or knew who Irene was.
I only worked there from 1980 until 1987 when they finished and I never met a driver who worked for them called Dennis. There was a truck named Red Rum and I have a feeling that it was a Ford Transcontinental so maybe that Dennis had worked there in the seventies. :confused:
The National Hotel in Belgrade certainly brings back a few memories for me which I am sure brings back a few smiles to a lot of people who stayed there. :laughing:

The National Hotel, Belgrade. (Photo taken from Trucknet)

6.jpg

Irene In Baghdad.