Well, I can't really say what my secret girlfriend does

GasGas:
Yesterday, I had to watch the live streaming of a funeral from America, where a woman friend of my partner was being buried after being killed in an act of ‘domestic violence’. There are 3 such deaths a day in the UK, apparently. Nine out of 10 of the women murdered in the UK in 2017 knew their killer.

So staying at home isn’t a risk-free option either.

I suspect what troubles some here isn’t the idea of a woman being killed, but killing.

WW2 Britain…women worked on AA Gun sites in London, Bristol etc…just as exposed to risk as men. They were allowed to do everything except actually fire the gun. Setting the fuse, loading, calculating the aiming trajectory, etc, fine…pulling the firing lanyard…no.

Weird, isn’t it?

The difference is that domestic violence against women is rightly considered as a crime and socially unacceptable.Obviously unlike sending a woman to her death in military combat.

As for the AA gun orderly not quite the same thing as sitting waiting for an unseen 88 mm anti tank gun or someone armed with a Panzer Faust to really mess up your day while you wait for a horrible end like a sitting duck in a Sherman.Nor the poor 18 year old kid working as part of the ‘recovery team’ who then has to clear up the shocking mess of the aftermath time and time again day after shocking day.