Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

moomooland:
0A Bedford TK sneaks into shot in this great period picture taken in 1965 at the junction of Oxford Street and Portland Street in Manchester.

Hi Paul, What a wonderful picture !!! I cant make out the owners name on the Bedford TK, but I can see that it is
from Great Howard Street in Liverpool, The yellow Bedford looks like Cantrell & Cochrane, soft drinks & cordials.
I am so pleased to see the Markland Scowcroft Leyland Comet artic in Marklands original livery of maroon.
Markland Scowcroft later became a TI (Tube Investments) company, and were painted in two tone blue.
Prior to starting my own small transport company in 1978, I started as a Class 1 driver in 1974 with England Tubes,
also a TI company. About 1976, Englands and Marklands merged to become TI Marlkand+England, and not long after,
the company name changed to TI Markland. My last 18 months with the company was as Traffic Manager at the Wigan site.
I would like to discover any pictures of the lorries of both of these former steel tube stockholders.
Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.