Well, I can't really say what my secret girlfriend does

Carryfast:

muckles:

Carryfast:
Yes and we also started WW1 and WW2 with a volunteer professional army.Don’t see anything in the article which states that women would be exempt from any potential future draft.Nor does it refer to only special forces.

Why is it any fairer to conscript a man who doesn’t want to join, instead of a woman?

I didn’t say it was only Special Forces, but merely pointed out that the Special Forces were also volunteers. The OP’s article made a big point of this change would in theory allow women to join the special forces.

As I said I’d guess that most men still have some protective instincts towards women.

As opposed to a protective instinct towards all people, regardless of gender? :confused:

Considering a lad I know was awarded a CGC for running into open ground in a fire fight to try and save his mate who’d been wounded and this type of selfless action doesn’t seem overly unusual throughout the history of wars, sometimes even to save the life of an enemy soldier.
it would seem many soldiers, especially those who have the bond that can only be forged in combat, have a protective instinct towards those they serve alongside regardless of gender.