Any old promotor drivers around

sandway:
Have just found a photo of my old lorry CJN 286X which I drove from new. Problem I have with it is that the fog lights in the bumper still have their covers on and there appears to be some writing above the windscreen in the centre. There was no writing when I had it. Also the Promotor name on the headboard looks as if the paints coming off. Perhaps the cab had a respray at some time. Over to you Efes as I know you drove it for a while later on.

I never had any slogans or names painted on my unit. It must have been after I left in 1986.

I see now that my unit was CJN287X not 286…

As to the fog lights… Thereby hangs a tale. I remember being parked in a remote layby somewhere in Yugoslavia (in the South but I can’t remember where exactly) and about 2am in the morning I was rudely awoken by someone hammering on the door. Much peeved I looked out to see a young lady dressed in a fur coat offering her services. Having been deeply asleep I wasn’t impressed and told her in no uncertain terms to bugger off… She kept on hammering on the door and I was reluctant to get dressed and out of bed to chase her away partly because it was cold and also assuming this was a plot to get me out of the cab and I was very much alone in the middle of nowhere. I decided to let her carry on and get tired of knocking. In the morning I discovered that she - and her accomplice which she indeed had - had made off with my fog lamps…