COPD

trucking:
My late wife had an oyster shape inhaler which had steroid capsules, also a blue inhaler.
Her GP also prescribed a rescue pack if things got bad.
There should be a COPD clinic in your area that should help you monitor your breathing.

The type of COPD which I have is called “Advanced Emphysema” though how far advanced I don’t know. When falling asleep at night my breathing gets slower and slower and lighter and lighter until I wake up in panic realising that I have stopped breathing and am then gasping for air and panicking at the same time. It’s very frightening and I am scared of going to sleep but it’s only possible to stay awake for a certain amount of time. I’m 75yo and live alone. My neighbours can’t help much, 2 are over 80yo, the 60yo is disabled from a car crash and the other one is only here for short periods of time (hours). Oh dear, now it sounds like I’m looking for sympathy, but really just want info on how to get air into my lungs. I live on the 1st floor and can’t go up or down stairs without an ■■■■■■ to help and stop me falling. I spend most of the day trying to sleep because I didn’t sleep at night. The medical side is bad but the isolation is bordering on torment. Comments from Trucking and Dog Tired are comforting and thank you very much. Sorry to be a pain.