Drivers

Why are we so mean to each other?

Hmmm, I am not so sure it has always been that way or is my memory playing tricks.I sat my Class one in the early 70’s and like most then has no experience of much at all.
However back in these days other drivers were very helpful and always gave plenty of good advice and as I loved to learn I sucked it all up.There was no CPC or crap like that
however I think it was down to each individual if he or she wanted to learn.The driving test as with the car test was easy but the problem being all along (in my book) that drivers pass it and think they know everything and that is one of the biggest problems on our roads.Drivers need to keep learning (the proper way) and be checked every so often and their mistakes etc pointed out to then otherwise they become complacent and over confident which usually ends up with an accident. Also back then there was far more courteous drivers around where as now nobody has any time for each other. Society has changed and definitely not for the better. There was also more traffic cops that would pull you in and give you a bollocking as long as it was not too serious.
The whole driving test and training is way out of date and badly needs to be changed then we may produce drivers that know how to drive correctly and can follow a few simple rules to keep others and themselves safe.