COPD

trucking:
Hi onesock, yes , l know about COPD. My late wife suffered with it. The only way l can describe it to you is imagine that you are holding a balloon in your hands with your fingers around the balloon.
The balloon being your lung and your fingers being the blood vessels around the lung. lf you can imagine squeezing the balloon with your fingers, then this is what the blood vessels around the lung are doing, restricting the lung from expanding. Don’t panic, this is manageable normally with steroids. you may find that you will cough up mucus , which isn’t very pleasant. lf you are a smoker then you will need to either cut down or stop altogether. I know of people that have lived with this for years. If you are a HGV driver then your GP will notify DVLA due to the medication.
l hope this helps, any other information l can help with just give me a shout.

Thanks Trucking. Did it kill your wife ? Sorry to be blunt but I am sitting here and can hardly breath. My GP won’t give me any info and I am scared of whats in store for me. Feels like I am being suffocated. Need to talk to someone who’s got 1st hand experience. I have quit the ■■■■.