Drivers

I don’t think most drivers are like that… On the internet everyone is ‘passionate’ one way or the other about Brexit. A large group of women are radical feminists. And other extremes.

On here and on the internet I’d agree that you get more than your fair share of obnoxious loudmouths (and most will say hark at it). But that is just indicative of the internet in general. We must all know the shy retiring type who suddenly has a lot to say on facebook/twitter.

I think there is also an element of… Well, I can’t say this without being mildly offensive. People who drive trucks for a living and who then in their spare time come on the internet to talk about driving trucks either probably don’t have many friends (for a reason) or have so little between their ears they can’t think about anything other than trucks. I was really fascinated by this site when I was learning and first passed - it was a great resource. But relatively quickly the bit I’ve just said became apparent. Obviously, that doesn’t apply to everyone - but this place is not indicative of drivers in general, and neither is facebook.

In real life, a small majority of drivers are obnoxious bullies. But I’d say a higher number are friendly, intelligent and engaging people. I’m currently working for a supermarket - the drivers who would be ridiculed by the people I’ve described on here have gone out of their way to be friendly and offer their advice. I’m yet to do a shift where someone hasn’t offered to buy me a coffee and asked where I’m going and if I need any advice/help.