Any old promotor drivers around

Hello Brian, I have found a photo of Alan and that other ex Thor driver who I mentioned in my last post. I am fairly certain that his name was Steve and about ten years ago I contacted Jeff to see if he knew his surname. Jeff didn’t recognise him so he phoned either Phil or it may of been Ray who said that they couldn’t remember it.
Alan is sat nearest to the camera and if you look closely you might see one the Moorlock’s trucks in it’s red and white livery parked next to the M.A.N. I have also included another one of Phil’s photos that was shown here on Trucknet about ten years ago. I.I.R.C. Phil did join Trucknet but I think that he only made about two or three posts which is a shame because I am sure that he could of added some very interesting articles about the early days and could of possibly answered a few of your questions.
I do remember about four years before I had met those guys at Carissio I was following Alan through Romania one afternoon somewhere between Arad and Sibiu on the T.I.R. route when we met one of Moorlock’s drivers on his way home. Alan and the other guy just parked on the road but left enough room for anybody to get past. As it was on one of my early trips through Rumo I felt very uneasy about stopping where we had parked in case somebody did come along. Alan and the other guy chatted for about ten minutes then got back in their cabs and drove off. It felt strange at the time being on the main road through Rumania and not seeing another vehicle for over ten minutes, not even a horse and cart.
When Alan and I stopped for a brew a bit later he told me then that he and the Moorlocks driver used to work together at Thor back in the seventies.
Thanks Brian for the photo of the Trancon which was driven by Chris Turnbull, here is another photo of it parked up in Hungary.
B.T.W. I think that I said that Phil Gould passed away about six months ago, I now realise that it was over two years ago, so sorry for that.

Alan Morrey.

Phil Bunch.

9.JPG

Chris Turnbull, Jimmy Walker, Billy Jones, Terry Smailes and myself in Hungary…