Aldi vs Lidl - Supermarket T&Cs

It’s not the workload that bothers me - it is the juggling another three people’s jobs at once.

I see where you’re coming from on the pure 100% trunking, as that equates to Palletliner work, which I’ve tried - and won’t do again, unless it is 3 shifts in a week. Why? - Because those 3 shifts invariably turned into 15 hour jobs for me, not because I’m a slowcoach, but rather because I’d get loaded late at the base depot, arrived so late I’d have to queue for 3-4 hours, and then be expected to take a 15 min whilst doing my curtains, and a 30m during which time I had to spend most of that time finding the gents… Just in time for the backload, and getting the nodding dog around 8-9am when traversing the M25 heathrow stretch on the last leg home.

My ideal job would be a 2-3 hour each way run, with enough of a gap between arriving at hub and being turned around - so I can get a full hour’s break in, and get my head down for an hour. I dunno if others can get “power naps” in whilst doing their curtains - but I can’t!

The secret to doing 15 hour shifts on any regular basis - is being able to get your break as a solid hour for that shuteye. Another advantage is that if there is any “delay” - you end up getting more sleep on top, because they phone you in your cab to call you into the shed for the backload. If you get to hub early enough, you can add time onto that hour - by being parked up and “waiting” - whilst the latecomers queue for the 3-4 hours, meaning if you play it just right AND are lucky enough to have no traffic jams on the way up there - you can actually get a full night’s sleep on a depot-depot trunk. :wink: