Aldi vs Lidl - Supermarket T&Cs

Winseer:
Are there not any premium pay employers that just expect a driver to drive any longer?
Even the Aldi website states that “40% of your job will be driving”… They are not so clear on what the other 60% would be, but it seems that it goes way beyond mere “Self-Tipping” to earn that £16ph top-dollar looking wage for weekday nights…

I suspect that you might have to:-

Pick your load
Load your load
Deliver your load by actually driving the truck
Unload your load
Check it off as per invoices
Put load away in relevant part of receiving store
Access relevant store by being “flying keyholder”, making the driver do any security work that needs doing as well

Thus, it looks increasingly like you are a Store Manager expected to quad-up as Loader, Security, and driver as a more minor part of the job…

I invite anyone working at Aldi as a night trucker already - to step in and confirm/deny my suspicions here.

It is a sad day when one sees £16ph - only to find out you’re expected to do FOUR people’s jobs for that. :open_mouth: :frowning:

I work for Aldi you don’t pick your load you occasionally load the trailer yourself unload in the store check each pallet matches your load map and tip empties when you get back and you guaranteed 173 hours a month