Tom Tom 6200 Pro

Morning all

Wanted to share a small issue I currently have with my 6200 Pro, and it no longer showing the speed camera database. It seems it is only affecting certain units. Mine is 6 months old.

Over the last week or so, the camera database has been a bit hit and mis, requiring a reset to get it to work. I spoke with Tom Tom yesterday and it seems to be a problem with the latest updates. They are currently being rectified on a “batch” system of unit serial numbers. My unit is expected to have its own update and fix by next Tuesday.

Tom Tom are aware of the problem, so if your unit is mis behaving, let them know. So far communication with them has been great. Will let you know if it gets resolved. :smiley:

Funny you say this as my camera notifications went missing for a day or two but I didn’t think too much about it and they came back on their own I thought but come to think of it there was an update.

All sorted now though.

Mine keeps disappearing now I know why

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just to bring this thread upto date,

Had an interesting chat with Tom Tom support last week. They managed to send a security patch and a specific software update direct to my unit. I was at home with it connected to the WiFi! The update self installed and so far the unit is back working perfectly.

Tom Tom were at pains to say that the update does not always cure the issue with every unit.

So if any of you are having problems with your sat nav’s, give them call.

I was wondering why mine didn’t work in Germany!