Flip flops at it again?

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … lorry.html

Come on tncsi, is it really the flip flops fault? Again?

Classic [emoji57]

In the eyes of the law it will always be the vehicle changing lane that is at fault.

Driving a left ■■■■■■ must be difficult over here but by law they should have to have side cameras or at least a fresnel lens fitted to the passenger window. This drastically cuts the chance for this to happen.

Along side all of that better education to car drivers is needed. They sit along side trucks and on between trucks far to much in a vulnerable position and yet it is always the truck driver who the onus is upon to make sure they are safe.

Howany times do you need to move out to overtake and cars sit alongside you when they can move over and allow you to move over yet ignore great big orange flashing lights in their face, it’s just common sense if someone is indicating and you can safely move over yourself to allow them to move over. Yey it seems to be severely lacking these days.

Car drivers and all types of drivers need a lot more education full stop, the driving test should weedle out those who are not competent to drive but it doesn’t.

In a word. YES

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I was not there, could be lorry or maybe it was the car at fault…

simcor:
In the eyes of the law it will always be the vehicle changing lane that is at fault.

Driving a left ■■■■■■ must be difficult over here but by law they should have to have side cameras or at least a fresnel lens fitted to the passenger window. This drastically cuts the chance for this to happen.

Along side all of that better education to car drivers is needed. They sit along side trucks and on between trucks far to much in a vulnerable position and yet it is always the truck driver who the onus is upon to make sure they are safe.

Howany times do you need to move out to overtake and cars sit alongside you when they can move over and allow you to move over yet ignore great big orange flashing lights in their face, it’s just common sense if someone is indicating and you can safely move over yourself to allow them to move over. Yey it seems to be severely lacking these days.

Car drivers and all types of drivers need a lot more education full stop, the driving test should weedle out those who are not competent to drive but it doesn’t.

No different to driving a right ■■■■■■ on the mainland.
And I only once squished a car in Spain.

ultimately then yes,it the flipflop that will get the blame though you can assume the bint in the astra didnt see it was on taliban plates,didnt see it was a lhd and had no clue as to the fact she was sitting in his blind spot nor see in her n/s window or mirror his indicator coming on.
but its a bad day for jakobski.

Why is it some people have to immediately overtake the second they hit the motorway whether it be cars, vans or trucks that they pull in behind from a slip road?

Used to be the domain of the BMW driver but she did the same thing despite it being busy - got to instantly be in lane 2 to gain a few extra seconds as god forbid she should sit behind a lorry. Doesn’t give the truck much chance to notice shes there esp as shes tucked right behind him.

Personally I’d blame her, not because i drive trucks, but because a move like that although technically legal is in my opinion driving without any consideration for others.

This is without even mentioning the near miss caused by a smart motorway!

What I saw was a car joining the motorway to lane one and then moving to lane two to overtake the lorry. What couldn’t be seen, was what held her up and caused her to be sitting in the blind spot of the lorry. I’d say it would have been something else going slower. A lot of people on here assume that all the amateurs in cars, know what we know, when they obviously don’t. We hardly saw a left ■■■■■■ in the UK in my day, so didn’t get this problem. Maybe the suggestion earlier about a Fresnel lens would be an idea and should be compulsory for left and right hand drive.

simcor:

Spoken like someone who has zero experience of driving a left ■■■■■■. I get on just fine, as do many others. Use your mirrors easy does it, job done.

AndieHyde:

simcor:

^this

And i only squished a car in France.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Concretejim:

simcor:

Spoken like someone who has zero experience of driving a left ■■■■■■. I get on just fine, as do many others. Use your mirrors easy does it, job done.

Your right I haven’t driven a left ■■■■■■.

Ive only driven a right ■■■■■■ in Spain so basically the same.

I never once in over 1400 miles nearly squished a car because I used my mirrors and am very aware of cars passing me in trucks just like most half decent drivers.

But it happens whether left or right hookers by some drivers. The only way to stop it happening is to change the way things are done.

Why else would Merc do away with mirrors for cameras?

Same as rear cameras and side view cameras, they are an aid and technology has improved a lot over the years, that doesn’t mean it should absolve a driver of his responsibility but why not use tech to make things safer?

Anything that can remove human error will make things safer it’s just part and parcel of life.

Although there will people who disagree and I do to some extent as it makes people who are not “drivers at heart” rely too much on the technology to save their hyde and to not care about how they drive.

Yes it breads laziness but with or without it the laziness will still be there.

That self parking seems to work ok

truckertang:

AndieHyde:

simcor:

^this

And i only squished a car in France.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But you shoulda seen the motorway pile up I caused in Luxumberg…

the daughter in law was learning to drive and as I used to ferry her to hospital from Wareham to Southampton I used to say what plates are on that lorry, what do we not do when passing a lorry with those plates, and she would repeat parrot fashion, foreign plates, he cannot see me, pass them do not stay by their side, if I cannot pass it clean do not pass at all. whether she will remember now she has passed only time will tell, and as she still goes off to the Southampton hospital she probably will.

Concretejim:

simcor:

Well I’ve driven left hookers and I fully agree with him tbh mate
What has he said exactly that aint right or relavent?

Mirrors are ok if all blind spots are covered, a fresnel is fine and does the job better, but a camera on the offside step of a left ■■■■■■ makes all the difference.
If they were made compulsory on left hookers or rhds running Euro, (instead of all the other unecessary electronic gimmicks crap on trucks today :unamused: ) it would just about eradicate left ■■■■■■ side swipes.
Just for the record I also got on fine just using mirrors, but any improvement is just that…an improvement. :bulb:

I was going up the M1 past Luton in a lorry which was restricted to 50mph when a Romanian came up behind me then pulled out and hit the back quarter panel of a Honda civic which was doing about 70. Full havoc followed, car changed direction and flew straight into the corner of the tailift of my DD trailer. Bits of Honda everywhere, Blocked two lanes, driver ended up with a broken arm and at a guess brown underpants. police got there in a couple of minutes and said we have at least a couple of these a day.

Well I made the radio 2 traffic reports. Tailift was hardly marked though. :smiley:

hotel magnum:
the daughter in law was learning to drive and as I used to ferry her to hospital from Wareham to Southampton I used to say what plates are on that lorry, what do we not do when passing a lorry with those plates, and she would repeat parrot fashion, foreign plates, he cannot see me, pass them do not stay by their side, if I cannot pass it clean do not pass at all. whether she will remember now she has passed only time will tell, and as she still goes off to the Southampton hospital she probably will.

Excellent advice ^^^^^. It’s all about self preservation tbh. Far too many people will whine “well I was in the right”, yeah that may be true but it’s scant consolation as your sat in your new wheelchair for the rest of your natural.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … crash.html

And what about this one.
drive.google.com/file/d/1S_Tgdi … p=drivesdk