Health insurance USA

Yes, TTM, you’re right, I will never move there, but I’m just curious how it works over there.
From what I’m reading the US health system is the least efficient out of all industrialised countries, but then, on the other hand it is the best as all rich people with money go there if they need any complicated surgery operation done, so I’ve been wandering what kind of deal do regular people get, and the picture isn’t pretty from what I can see .

Apparently when people are looking for a job over there, very important question to ask at the interview is what kind of benefits package the company is offering, and what kind of health insurance as there are myriads of types of health insurance available.
Very good company would pay 80% of the costs of the health insurance and the employee pays 20%.
Most companies pay only 70%, and the employee 50%
There are companies that pay only 50%, some don’t offer health insurance at all, you need to look for one on your own.
Very, very few offer 100% cover, but these companies are mostly in banking and IT sectors, all very large corporations with monopolistic market share.

Most companies can get decent deals when they shop for health insurance as they buy it in bulk to insure hundreds or thousands of their employees.
The worst off are small business owners, self employed, as they don’t have buying power.
There is an interesting thread over here:

thetruckersreport.com/truck … ce.436059/

There are instances when you think you are being insured, but then your insurance company might stop paying for your treatment if something goes wrong and you are being left to your own devices, you need to sell house, or go bankruptcy route.

Apparently there has been some law introduced recently that these days you can’t go bankrupt due to unpaid medical bills, at least that’s what I’ve been reading.

Then there is something called copay and deductibles.

Every health insurance has this clause it is in thousands, the first few thousands of any medical bill you have to pay yourself, before your health insurance starts paying for the rest, providing they don’t refuse.

people apparently are scared calling for ambulance as it costs so much.

Visits to emergency rooms are apparently very costly.

youtube.com/watch?v=tNla9nyRMmQ

I remember when I was researching Canada, someone advised me , when you get to work for somebody, and sent to the US, make sure you get good health insurance for the US.

youtube.com/watch?v=DublqkOSBBA&t=220s

I’ve also read that health insurance costs go up by 10% every year

Scare stuff