Aldi vs Lidl - Supermarket T&Cs

I’m sure Lidl use contract hauliers, as far as Aldi goes a couple of drivers left my place to work at the Cardiff depot, they work 5 on 3 off on a rolling pattern they seem to like it although the pension isn’t great all the benefits and pay increments seem decent enough, one of the drivers who left was contacted after 5 months of the initial application.

A bit of O/T on the night shift will see you getting around £40,000 P.A don’t expect to be doing a whole lot of driving do expect to be faffing at the stores putting stock into chillers and sorting out all the waste to go back to the store loading and de kitting the trailer, although I think the trailers on the late P.M shift are already loaded.

Only 2 drivers out of 200 or so left my depot to work for them despite many of the drivers having a much shorter commute and constantly whingeing about the job, if like most drivers you don’t like a bit of graft then leave it alone.

Tesco now recruit direct as the agency lads they use want for the most part to stay agency, Sainsburys and the the Co-Op for example use contract companies like Downhill XPO and Wincanski better off direct where the benefits are better.