Agency withholding pay due to "investigation"?

indeed:

Roymondo:

Harry Monk:
Is it just me, or is it incredibly petty for the DVSA to issue a prohibition notice to a vehicle which has no inherent roadworthiness fault but where the driver has made a simple mistake which would have been rectified in a hundredth of the time it took to write out the prohibition notice?

Totally agree, Harry. During my time in uniform I would simply have stopped the vehicle and pointed out the problem. Assuming he didn’t fail the attitude test, he would have been happily on his way 2 minutes later. It wouldn’t even merit any sort of “lecture” (unless of course he failed the aforementioned attitude test).

Pg 9 for a roadworthy vehicle with a tail lift obscuring lights etc is pretty standard esp if its on a green light vehicle. Easy to spot and easy fine.

I thought you only got a PG9 for driving a vehicle that is an MOT failure then and there?

“Tail lift down” is hardly that ■■? :confused:

I would actually put this kind off offence up there with “forgetting to have lights on when leaving forecourt at night” type stuff… :neutral_face:
If you have forgotten to operating a working thing properly - then it is a different ball game to “driving with something knowingly busted outright”. :bulb: