Brexit and the driver shortage

vonmax:
Cheap drivers aren’t good and good drivers aren’t cheap

Let’s see how I get on over the coming Christmas… I’m up for some premium work for December that’ll make up for taking most of January off… :sunglasses:

The Quest then: “To earn two months pay in one month”.

I don’t mind working nights, weekends, bank holidays, 12-15 hour shifts - providing the money is right. :grimacing:

If Aldi/Lidl/Morrisons are paying £14ph these days, ASDA paying £17 over Christmas, and RM paying around the same, albeit “only for Christmas” again - then something similar will do.

Wanna keep my options open as to how much of such work is about though.

Things I won’t be doing, include:-

(1) Signing up for any Umbrella Fees
(2) Signing up for last-minute work only, rather than planned shifts, ideally with work dished out at the end of the previous week
(3) Signing up for firms that verbally offer premium rates, but the rate gets omitted from the email/text “assignment confirm”…
(4) Signing up for firms that don’t think a spotless licence is worth “forgoing an unpaid assessment for”…
(5) Signing up for any work inside the M25 that doesn’t have another premium on top
(6) Signing up for any firms that won’t guarantee a minimum number of paid hours - if and when you get cancelled en-route to the job
(7) Signing up for shysters who only ever give me their mobile number, rather than their actual real life name, address, landline phone number, etc. FFS I’m expected to give my bank account details to these geezers - so I should expect some “reciprocated trust” eh?
(8) Signing up anywhere with a lowest hourly rate below what I’m already on at present
(9) Signing up for any firm that won’t tell you what sort of places you’d be likely to work over the coming weeks.
and (10) - Signing up for any outfit that doesn’t do PAYE. :sunglasses: