Agency withholding pay due to "investigation"?

Harry Monk:
Is it just me, or is it incredibly petty for the DVSA to issue a prohibition notice to a vehicle which has no inherent roadworthiness fault but where the driver has made a simple mistake which would have been rectified in a hundredth of the time it took to write out the prohibition notice?

No it’s not Harry. I think we can all agree with you. Apart from those who think they are perfect and want to knock others for not being as perfect as they think they are.

New driver - who made a simple (albeit silly) mistake. Time for me to be honest - I have done it once. Not put the tail lift all the way up. Fortunately for me a guy pulled his car up next to mine and told me about it. So I pulled over and sorted it.

On the plus side - like me the OP will have learnt a lesson he won’t repeat. He could have left the DVSA thinking they were top guys if they had told him he was daft and to sort it before they finished their coffee and started filling paperwork in. Instead, his first reaction to them will be thinking they are the enemy. Which is total lunacy if the DVSA ever want to work with drivers to improve safety.