Buses, coaches, & lorries

In the Summer of 1999, my wife and I received an invitation to the wedding of the eldest daughter
of some very close friends of ours. Antonia was to be married to Rafael, a young man from the
Loire valley in France. I contacted Brittany Ferries straight away, and booked us both and my car
on the Portsmouth to Ouistreham (Caen) ferry, and arranged to be in France for about 5 days.
A few days later, Sue, the mother of the bride phoned me, knowing of my many years in transport,
asked if I could organise a coach to convey the wedding guests from the UK, to and from the wedding.
I got a good deal from Holmeswood Coaches from Rufford, near Ormskirk. This is Roz driving a M.A.N.
29 seater, arriving at the hotel in the city centre of Angers, ( Twin Town of Wigan ). The manager of
Holmeswood Coaches could not understand why the coach pickup points were Sutton Coldfield and
South Mimms, and other than me and my wife, there was nobody else from the North West of England,
as we were already booked on the ferry from Portsmouth. I could have gone on the coach for free. :laughing:
The 2nd picture is me driving up the ramp to the upper deck linkspan to board M.V.Normandie at
Ouistreham on our journey home. This Mitsubishi Space Wagon was one of the best cars I owned.

Ray Smyth.

Roz Angers.jpg