Brexit and the driver shortage

Juddian:
Winseer said…‘‘Perhaps the biggest reason that the Right in politics has been on the back foot in our lifetimes - is that “We let them do to us, what we would never dream of doing to them.”
Perhaps that now needs to change. :neutral_face:’’

That’s a difficult one, those of us with leanings veering towards the right, or more accurately of a libertarian mind where we believe in live and let live, tend to allow people to have their own opinions and not wish to force our beliefs on others, nor expect others to pay more than their fair share towards the common good.

Generally we wouldn’t dream of saying to others that their opinion is not valid, or as is happening in recent years where views that the left don’t agree with must be banned or shouted down and the proponents of those other views no platformed, increasingly the march of the left through the institutions have succeeded in getting the wrong views made illegal.
The irony of all this is that those who would ban alternative views would call those they ban fascists, but then the left and their brethren have never had much in the way of nous, for they have become what they once fought.

We on the right of politics tend to have a sense of fair play, we don’t expect others who have worked all their lives to have to provide for the work shy or the welfare grabbers, we extend the hand of friendship to those who claim to flee persecution or war and we expect them to appreciate the country they have been granted a new life in, to respect their host country and its way of life and customs and not seek to change it by violent means, and to be prepared to work in their new home to provide for themselves once they have themselves established, and to absolutely not break the laws of their new country.

Generally i don’t think we should resort to the violence of the left, but neither should be turn the other cheek forever when attacked by them.
The state is not our friend any more, the march of the left through the institutions has seen people with views like ours become officially vilified, with a state enforcement service once known as the police only too ready to do the bidding of the state, riding roughshod over due process depending on the person of interest at the time.

I had hoped we might see a glimmer of light following the Brexit vote, but my lovely wife (who can see through shysters like glass) said to me the day of the vote that we wouldn’t be leaving, and so far she has been proved right, time will tell but the end of democracy in Britain i fear are fast coming to pass.

We have been duped for years by politicians and the media, the birth of the internet woke millions up including me because i cold find things out that they didn’t want me to know and people like us found that we were not alone.
The powers that be are desperately trying to cram the internet genie back in the bottle, using the twitters and googles of this world to ban those with the wrong views, this IMHO is only the tip of the censorship iceberg and blanket removal from the internet cables for the unwanted posters/bloggers/alternative news sites is the next step they will take.

I think those in power want the right to take action, look at the massive publicity the one of two idiots who did stupid and wrong things caused, with the media and the usual suspects desperately trying to make a case of them being some sort of organised extreme right wing mob.
Often the left cause violence when the right are finally stirred into protest action, and you could bet your last farthing that the politicised police will deal harshly with any equivalent reaction from the legitimate right protesters.

I have no answers i’m afraid dear chap (little brother :sunglasses: ), just do what you can to keep you and yours safe when the lid finally blows as it surely must.

By the way, as an outed ex grammar school boy, i too went to school in Kent, it won’t take a genius to work out which one.

I’ve always had a bit of a military leaning, perhaps due to the local heritage here. I even ended up voting for Paddy Ashdown for all the years he was leader of the Libdems, more because of his SBS background than anything else. I remember thinking what a great guy he was - when he hospitalized an assailant who had attacked him whilst walking through Yeovil - his own constituency at that time in the early 90’s. Ashdown tells of flick-knife attack after racism row | The Independent | The Independent

Perhaps we should have more people from a miltary background back in Westminster again?

At least current UKIP leader Gerard Batten - can speak of such a military background for himself. British folk are not going to get their respect back - until they go out there and grab it with both hands from those whom would take it away, and wring their collective hands about “past British actions” we should be proud of, rather than attempt to shy away from.
What’s done is done. Now - let’s get on with our futures please, rather than look for recriminations from the past in place of actual criticising party’s policies…

Conservatives are conserving what exactly these days? Conserving Remain?
Labour haven’t worked for years, having blown the opportunity of a lifetime - when refusing to nationalize the banking system a decade ago.
The Libdems still don’t appreciate - that some of their once strongest supporters have been alienated out of the door by excessively swinging to Remainers as a way to go for the future.
Even Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP must realize by this point that “Pro Referendum, Pro Indepdence UKIP” could and would have organized Scotland winning their own referendum, and could still help achieve the 2nd one that she seems to want… Bit of advice: "Try asking the WHOLE UK next time around, rather than keeping it a “thin poll” among the Scots alone. Sturgeon might be surprised at how much support there is south of the border for Scotland to “go it alone” let’s say… Now that Crude Oil is back to the high 70’s per barrel - Scotland could actually afford to BE indepdendent now - as well!

Sturgeon - if she wants “indyref2” then - should stop pushing UKIP away - who are the only ones that could make it happen. :bulb:

A future coalition with UKIP and the SNP in it - is FAR from impossible… And I’m sure the leadership could always be quickly “changed” if the current leader(s) were intransigent in making it work. :smiling_imp:

What say the Scottish drivers among us? What is the best way to increase revenue inflows to Scotland, both in or out of the UK?