Eu referendum whats your vote

John West:
Others - Buzzer for instance, will be well aware of what’s going on in European Transport, but it’s a fascinating documentary about who drives, for how much, and for which company. Some vicious exploitation.

facebook.com/FNVonline/vide … 13814/?t=2

John.

John thanks for that little film as it is very informative, we all knew it was going on and still is but no one is willing to take action and in the end the problem extends to the way British companies run, some UK outfits use these drivers to try and compete but in the end it just crucifies our industry and that is why we now run only ten trucks and sub contract any excess. Britain always does things to the letter of the law and we suffer for that and from the heydays of the 90’s when we ran 33 artics mainly on international duties the exports were done roughly on a 50/50 basis back then with foreign counterparts but today only about 13% of export traffic is done by the Brits and those who used to do it have either gone over to domestic haulage or gone bust and out of the job.
We could do something to curb this and charge a minimum of say £200 to go anywhere in the British isles for any foreign truck and before any one shouts foul play just see how far you get in the EU on £200 and you will see where I am coming from and I can assure anyone it aint that far. At the moment the foreigners must be laughing at us as they pay virtually nought to use our road systems and they can run without weekend restrictions and few checks on there records and if they are stopped and fined they just pee off back over the channel without paying, something that should be changed but I feel it wont be in the time I have left on this planet, even back in my days as a driver the paper work had to be right and it was checked frequently throughout journeys and if it was wrong you paid albeit not as much as today.
When and if we do leave the EU we as a country should clamp down on this but I doubt ought will happen, Buzzer.