Middle East - Not Astran!

Jelliot:
I read the review on that book John it looks good… is it going to be printed at some stage…or will it only be on Kindle… Talking about “bad eggs” it alway used to amuse me that outside the UK eggs were never sold in dozens or half dozens. I used to get boxes of 5 or 10 not 6 and 12…

I was never a fan of belly tanks uncle Robert, every time I used one I always seemed to get covered in Derv… better of with a head board tank. My old step frame had one, it was only 5 inches wide but nearly the whole width and height of the head board. It couldn’t be seen at all from the outside of the trailer, lined on the inside of the trailer with ply wood… unless you knew it was there you wouldn’t have guessed… The only draw back was that you had to un thread and lift the tilt cover to fill it… If I remember right it heald about 1300 liters…

Jeff…

Yes, those headboard tanks were good; never had one but met drivers who did. I used to wonder about the weight over the drive-axle though: useful when you wanted traction but a bugger on the weighbridge! I didn’t mind the belly tanks but you had to remember to turn the tap off well in advance of removing the nozzle! Happy days! Uncle Robert :smiley: