Peak District.

I’m pleased to report that yesterday’s meeting of the Macclesfield Breakfast Club was a great success- well, it was for me as I didn’t have to pay!
On that subject, I regret to report that one of the members who was booked to attend cried off at the last minute, saying that he had an extra job to do. It’s peculiar how this particular person suddenly becomes “unavailable” when he remembers that it’s HIS TURN TO PAY :unamused:.
Many thanks to Rigsby for turning up and helping to demolish Macclesfield’s entire stock of sausages. Special thanks to Johnny Shepguis who travelled all the way from Germany for the occasion and refused to submit a claim for travelling expenses- a lesson here for others, especially the bloke from the Isle of Man who has spent his entire life fiddling expense dockets. I’m not going to embarrass Johnny by offering thanks for anything else, but it was most welcome.
Rigsby and I made sure our Scottish/German guest was bored out of his mind with tales of, “When we were your age………………….!”
And the breakfast was excellent. Roll on the next meeting, by which time the café should be clear of the diesel smoke!