Toxic Shock and Sepsis

cav551:
As for the medical situation don’t forget that you have a fundamental right to ask for a second opinion even if you have to go private for it, this will not normally be refused. My mother did so, at the request of his pathologist brother, when my father was in hospital for the final time. He had been tilted head down to keep blood flowing to the brain, which had resulted in a recommendation to amputate his now gangrenous legs.

Thanks cav.I’ve actually been thinking along similar lines but which will probably be easier when she’s discharged.Ranging from everything from continuing with anti biotic regime to clear the remaining infection and hopefully doing something about the leg ulcer issue either less likely in the form of amputation under local aneasthetic having understandably been told that she’d never stand up to general aneasthetic,or at least something more effective than just changing dressings and using sterile water irrigation which seems like something out of the dark ages when even by 1940’s standards she’d be expected to have the wounds disinfected and dressed with iodine and iodine impregnated dressings and her situation to date seems to prove it.On that note the excuses so far have been they can’t amputate limbs under local aneasthetic and they’d rather waste money on at best silver impregnated dressings than use old school proven iodine disinfection.To which I received no answer to the questions how would they release a trapped by the legs traffic accident casualty given the choice between burn/die or amputate obviously with no access to an operating theatre or therefore aneasthetising equipment and if silver was supposedly any good at beating infection why did we ever bother with iodine and why is iodine still used in operating theatres to disinfect wounds.Sometimes the NHS’ ideas just seem totally unfathomable to me which just leaves the question of the equivalent procedures as they apply in the private health sector. :confused: