Home brew sleeper cabs

[zb]
anorak:

Retired Old ■■■■:
And if you want to be really helpful you could leave them to soak in soapy water until you get home!

Just leave them sloshing about in soapy water for 500 miles or so. That should do the trick. :laughing:
On a (very slightly) serious note- did anyone make a “washing machine” thing for trips to uncivilised places? I imagine some sort of lidded/sealed tank with a couple of cricket balls in it. Something like that.

When I was doing China I noticed one of the other lads had a proper wash bucket in his trailer box, so I thought I’d do the same. Turns out he got it from some camping shop somewhere in Holland so there was fat chance I was going to get one. One of the places we used to go had 25 liter buckets with snap tight lids, They were pretty heavy duty. and a bit mingy, after a good wash I thought they’d do the trick so I wrangled one from the forman… I think I used Tesco cold water washing powder… I used to do half a day with soapy water, then tip that out and rinse a few times. I made a sort of grid that sat about half way down the bucket which I had drilled a load of big holes in ( cause I’d seen the other lad had the same sort of thing ) so you put that in and sat your wet clothes back on top of it for the rest of the day, which drained them out.

Use a proper washing line or a bit of string and cloth pegs… usually strung up between a couple of trucks… Don’t be tempted to use a Tilt cord cause they’re really mingy and put minging black lines right across your cloths…

I did a load one day mid November and the whole bucket with all the cloths froze solid…so I spent most of the following week with very little choice of things to ware…

Jeff…