The music thread

newmercman:
You can see the influence Dylan had on The Beatles, I am the Walrus being a prime example, the Revolver album and to a lesser extent Sgt Pepper being a turning point in their evolution, only to be short lived as the internal squabbles between the women sent Lennon and McCartney on separate paths. Lennon stayed true to the cause, while McCartney aside from a few genius moments with Wings, became a pop star. To me that shows that Lennon was the inspiration behind the Beatles later direction.

For a bit of fun I listened to USA for Africa, We are the world. The stand out singers were, of course Dylan, James Ingram, Stevie Wonder, Willie Nelson and surprisingly Springsteen, who I normally dislike as he just shouts the same lyrics over and over usually.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Wow have you sampled some of Sringsteens more reflective offerings? ‘The ghost of Tom Joad’ or ‘Atlantic City’ for eg?dark brooding slices of blue-collar Springsteenland.I think his ‘breakthrough’ Born in the USA album was somewhat misinterpreted as a jingoistic,call to the stars n stripes banner rally,when apparently the opposite was the case.I don’t think he appreciated,think it was Ronnie Ray-gun,nicking the song for political posturings on the election trail.
Bruce sure puts on a show,saw him in Sheffield in the 90’s.4 plus hours of utter rock majesty.
Re the Beatles,i think macca was the superior songsmith but the guys collossal ego seems to be undoing all the good karma of their legacy,i can’t help thinking this is serious sour- grapes due to Lennons name preceeding Mcartneys on record credits,he’s often alluded to this in various interviews.This ‘collaborating’ crap he does,especially with cretins such as Kanyae West is just risible.
With you on Wings,‘Wings Over America’ tour- remastered dvd…(Rockshow) has to be one of the most exhilarating live shows ever recorded.